Tuesday, May 11, 2010

BAGAKOAA MAY 11, 2010 Sideways is good

BAGAKOAA;

MAY 11, 2010 Sideways is good

After the last few days of chaos and turmoil, a nice day of trading somewhat sideways was nice. Now the scope of the European handouts have hit home, people started asking how are they going to pay for that trillion dollars. Interesting question, that doesn’t seem to bother Americans although a few people got nervous today which caused a bit of a take back in the market.


Tonight I was mending portfolios and still looking for bargains as the market did travel right. I may have found one a day after Cramer was pimping it. (Red Flag). If you know me by now I do not usually run with Cramer’s picks but enjoy his wisdom. He was pontificating about Cirrus Logic as a mini-play on AAPL. I did not care for the comparison, but did my homework today and liked what I found. Good free cash flow, a steady dividend, (be it it small), stock buy backs, no debt good income growth, and nice fundamentals. Yes I got in small today a look to increase over the days ahead.


Cirrus Logic develops integrated circuits for specialized applications in consumer entertainment devices. Its products include graphics accelerator chips, CD-ROM circuits, chips for advanced disk drives, host adapters for portable computers, encoders, switches, controllers, and analog-to-digital converters. The company markets its products to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of computers and electronics in the United States and overseas.


I got in at 13.39 and I a guessing this is a 30 dollar stock in 12 months. My stop is at 12.25 and I will re-evaluate it next quarter. It is too early to say thanks Cramer, but this one is looking good.


If I was a betting guy, the technicals are looking at a bearish market tomorrow. Hang tight and buy your good stuff on the dips.


I thought I’d give you a tip tonight. After the last several days, we could all use a good drink. Here is a tasting note of mine from Holloween 2006 I thought you might enjoy. It was a good pour.


2002 Domaine Vincent Girardin Saint-Aubin 1er Cru (France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Saint-Aubin 1er Cru) 10/31/2006 ewineguy 90


"Devin and I enjoyed this while the tricker treaters visited the house. Very smooth from the opening. As big or bigger than some Chassagnes or Pulignys from the neighborhood. Spice, apple, a touch of citrus with strong but not overwhelming tannins. Oakey but not over the top. Its been a long time since we finished a 750 in one evening, but this was too good to put away for the weekend. Happy Halloween."

Salve Lucrum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home